Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry
Trust is a must. Orange Grove Dental focuses on quality, efficiency, affordability — and honesty. We care about what you care about. We’re friendly, too!
Our dentists will never try to talk you into unnecessary dentistry. Our dentists will lead you on a tour of your mouth to tell you about the condition of your teeth, gums, jaw muscles and joints—and more. Together you can look at the appearance of your teeth and smile, and then have an open conversation about things you would like to change. Based on what you want to achieve, Dr. Srividya Vulugundam has the expertise to restore your mouth to optimal health and beauty. They can do it in phases according to a comprehensive plan in order to maximize your insurance benefits or address your financial concerns. We offer compassionate care and strive to make it affordable. We are here to serve you to the best of our ability.
Restoring health means the elimination of harmful dental plaque, decay and periodontal infection. It means the restoration or replacement of damaged teeth. In some cases, it means reshaping and aligning your teeth to create harmonious chewing function. It means protecting your natural tooth enamel from excessive wear and erosion. Restoring and maintaining excellent oral health requires effective daily oral hygiene and regular dental visits for professional teeth cleaning, checkups, and any needed treatment.
Most patients want to achieve a brighter, whiter smile with even arches of “straight” teeth and tooth-colored dental restorations that look like natural, healthy, teeth. Cosmetic enhancements to your smile may include a wide range of treatment options. Some are quick and inexpensive.
Common Restorative and Cosmetic Procedures We Perform in Our Office
- Tooth colored filling — Composite dental fillings can be color-matched to your teeth. The composite material not only looks like your natural tooth enamel but also strengthens teeth.
- Porcelain onlay or inlay — More durable than composite fillings but less invasive than a crown, porcelain onlays and inlays are used for large cavities or very decayed teeth.
- Porcelain crown — When a tooth is too damaged the most appropriate restoration is a crown that encases the entire tooth above its roots. A custom-shaded all-porcelain or porcelain-on-metal crown can be made to match the surrounding teeth. Prior to placing a porcelain crown, a root canal procedure might be required to remove infection from the tooth’s roots and pack the root canals with sealing material.
- Dental bonding — Dental bonding is the application of high-grade composite material to the front of your teeth. This is a more affordable solution, though less enduring than porcelain veneers.
- Teeth whitening — With in-office whitening we can whiten your teeth in one convenient session. Take home whitening kits are also available for whitening at home over multiple sessions and so you can touch up in-office whitening and ensure permanent results.
- Dental bridge — A dental bridge is a prosthetic appliance used to fill the space where a tooth has fallen out or been removed. One or more false teeth are suspended between two anchoring crowns that go over the teeth on either side of the gap.
- Denture — A denture is a removable prosthetic for missing teeth that covers the surrounding gum tissue. Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. Complete (full) dentures are used when all the teeth are missing.
- Dental implant restoration — As an alternative to traditional crown and bridge treatment or removable dentures, a prosthetic crown, multi-unit bridge, or even complete denture can be attached to one or more dental implants. Dental implants are the most effective and durable method for replacing missing or removed teeth.
We perform several more procedures in the comfort of our own office, saving you money and time. If your comprehensive treatment plan includes orthodontics or dental implant placement, Dr. Vulugundam will refer you to a like-minded preferred specialist in our community and collaborate with the specialist on this part of your treatment.
Restore Your Mouth to Health—and Smile with Confidence
If you are living in or visiting the New Port Richey area of Florida, we would be honored to help you achieve your oral health goals. Give us a call today!