Single and Multi-Unit Dental Implant Treatment
At Orange Grove Dental, in New Port Richey, we offer dental treatment for the replacement of missing teeth. Dr. Srividya Vulugundam collaborates with specialists for the planning of your treatment, implant placement, and any related surgical procedures you might need such as a bone graft. When your implant(s) have been fully integrated into the jawbone (taking about two months), Dr. Vulugundam, then places a custom made prosthetic tooth or teeth on the implants(s).
At Orange Grove Dental, we offer a full range of implant restorations to replace one or more missing teeth—even implant supported dentures for patients missing all or most of their natural teeth. The implant crown, implant multi-unit bridge, implant partial denture, or even full hybrid denture that will be fixed on your dental implant(s) will be custom fabricated by our partnering dental lab for perfect fit, function and appearance.
Dental Implants Are Prosthetic Tooth Roots
Dental implants replace the function of missing tooth roots and are made of bio-compatible titanium. Once they are surgically placed in the jawbone, the process of osseointegration naturally takes place, fusing the implant with surrounding bone tissue. When attached to implants, implant prosthetics are stable and strong. They function and look like natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Most patients forget their implant retained teeth are not their own natural ones because they look, function and feel like real teeth.
- An implant helps prevent bone loss and changes in facial structure.
- An implant eliminates the need to crown adjacent teeth in order to anchor a bridge.
- An implant provides more forceful chewing strength than a traditional bridge, partial or full denture.
- Gum tissue framing can be controlled for a more natural smile.
- Implant supported prosthetics are flossed and brushed like natural teeth.
- Implants do not get cavities or decay like natural teeth can.
- With proper flossing, brushing, and regular visits to the dentist, your dental implant restoration can last the rest of your life.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Patients with strong jawbone density, good oral health, and no gum disease make good candidates for dental implants. Dr. Vulugundam will evaluate your mouth to determine your candidacy. If you are in need of treatment to develop this level of oral health prior to implant placement, Dr. Vulugundam will be pleased to assist you in achieving it.
To learn if dental implant treatment is right for you, we invite you to schedule an initial implant consultation. Orange Grove Dental welcomes new patients. We offer the latest dental techniques and technology while prioritizing highest quality of care, your safety and comfort. Call our friendly office today!